ABC's Annual General Meeting was held last Wednesday, April 30.
We received a lot of very thoughtful and constructive responses on the surveys, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for that. I have been reading them over thoroughly, and I will be updating this blog in coming weeks on initiatives I would like to pursue over the summer and into the next school year (based on your survey responses).
Regarding the 10% penalty on groups with unexcused absences from the meeting, I wanted to note that, following policy, we have not made exceptions for any group. After all, 108 groups did show up, and while misunderstandings are unfortunate we simply cannot let individual groups off the hook (particularly when 4-5 e-mails had been sent out about the meeting starting from a month in advance). That said, we will take the absence penalty and extenuating circumstances into account for next year, and groups will have the chance to appeal for more money.